The Annual General Meeting was held on June 22, 2016 in Bruce, Alberta. Together with its Board of Directors, Executive Team, and Elected Member Representatives, the event was a day of information sharing and collaboration.
Key areas of focus included a review of the 2015-2016 fiscal year results, as well as plans for the future in the 2016-2017 Operations Plan. Among their marketing efforts for the region were an impressive display of new community banners and the launch of a new interactive and fresh BRAED website. Economic Development priorities discussed included:
- Implementation of Phase 2 of the Rural Enterprise Assistance and Coaching Hostel (REACH);
- Design and delivery of a regional ‘Shop Local’ Campaign entitled “One Less Trip”;
- Continuing to leverage participation in the Eastern Alberta Trade Corridor in order to attract new investment into the region and complete a Value-added Agriculture Strategy;
- Accessing funding to support through the recently announced Alberta Jobs Plan to implement a Regional Business retention and Expansion program; and
- Working in partnership with the province to design a project focused on supporting Youth Engagement by providing low-cost loans and mentorship to student entrepreneurs.
For more information, contact Margot Bégin, Executive Director, BRAED.
Below are images that depict some of the successes achieved during the event: