This section is dedicated to skills upgrading that will improve the knowledge and performance of today’s workforce.
A vital asset in the Battle River region is the presence of several well respected post-secondary educational institutions that are here to enhance your skillset and further your career opportunities:
Visit our Education section for more information on these schools, educational research in the region, and financial assistance.
The Community Learning Network (CLN) supports the innovative learning leaders who are building Alberta’s vibrant learning communities. They provide and promote professional development, training, customized support and networking opportunities to Alberta’s Community Adult Learning Programs. These Programs are available in over 130 Community Adult Learning Councils across the province, with following locations available in the Battle River region:
- Bashaw & District Community Adult Learning Council
- Beaver County Community Adult Learning Council
- Provost Adult Learning & Literacy
- Flagstaff Community Adult Learning Centre
- Paintearth Community Adult Learning Council
- Camrose and Area Adult Learning Council
- Wainwright Adult Learning
Business Counselling and Events
Continually upgrading business skills and obtaining the most relevant information allows your business the opportunity to maintain a competitive advantage. These organizations provide business counselling, coaching and/or host training events in the Battle River region.
- REACH Program – Rural Enterprise Assistance and Coaching Hostel
- Community Futures East Central: Business Services
- University of Alberta: Augustana Campus Events
- The Business Link: Alberta’s Business Information Service
- Rural Alberta Business Centre – Camrose
- Rural Alberta Business Centre – Hanna
- Chambers of Alberta (with local chapters in Killam, Wainwright, Camrose)