From convenient access to Canadian and International markets to low business taxes, the region offers an optimum business environment. Our competitive advantages include:
- Access to an educated workforce with over 15.8% of our residents holding a trades diploma – higher than the Alberta average of 12.4%.
- Home to a major post-secondary institution, University of Alberta Augustana Campus.
- There is ample and reasonably priced land available ranging from $70,000 – $560,000 for single detached Residential Lots; $138,000/acre for an average Industrial Lot; and a starting price of $349,900 for Highway Commercial Lot.*
- House prices substantially more affordable than average Alberta housing with the average housing price (resale) being 34% lower than the Alberta average.*
- Comparative average housing prices (including single and multi-family, end 2014) were Wainwright at $263,905, Edmonton at $367,228, and Alberta at $400,100.*
- An effective network of highways, air transportation and rail systems easily connect the region to wherever a company wants to do business. Highway 36 and Highway 41 are high and wide load corridors.
- A variety of electricity and natural gas providers offer choice for consumers and businesses.
- Quality water treatment, sewage and waste facilities are located throughout the region.
Cost of Doing Business
- The Battle River region has one of the lowest overall tax systems in Canada.
- No provincial sales tax.
- No capital, payroll, or machinery and equipment taxes.
- Competitive corporate tax rate of 27% (combined federal/provincial) for general business and 14% (combined) for small business as of July 1, 2015.
*Source: 2014 Wainwright Relocation Guide